|Posted by Philip Foster on March 21, 2014 at 6:00 AM|
All children have doctors appointments and many have other medical needs. Foster children are no exception. How are you supposed to keep track of your foster child(ren)'s medical information? There are apps on Google Play that provide a way to track medical information. However, none of these apps will interface with Foster Parent Assistant. Well, that is about to change. We are developing a medical information add on for Foster Parent Assistant. Just like our other add ons, this add on will pull child information from the main application. All you have to do is select the child in the main app and then open this add on. At your fingertips will be the medical information you have entered for them. This add on is in the very early stages of development, so the final feature set is not completely settled. However, we do have a good idea of the features we are hoping to include. Here they are:
- Enter information on your child(ren)'s doctors (e.g. name, address, phone, specialty, etc.)
- Enter information on your child's insurance
- Enter information from each of your child's doctors appointments
- Enter allergy information (e.g. what they're allergic to, how severe the allergy is, etc.)
- Medication information (name of drug, when prescribed, dosage information, instructions for taking the medication, refill information, etc.)
Right now those are the main features planned for the medical add on. As we get deaper into development this feature list may expand. We are not expecting to have to exclude any of the features listed here. So you should be able to count on the items on this list.
We are not ready to set a release date, but we are hoping to have this add on ready for release by this Summer. Stay tuned and be sure to download Foster Parent Assistant so that you will be ready when the add on is available.
Categories: Foster Parents App